Job Title: Junior Software Developer/IT Administrator Placement (1 year)
Reporting To: Product Manager
Start Date: 16th July 2019
Exploristics provides innovative analytics solutions to the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Healthcare markets. We have unique expertise in stratified medicine studies including the analysis and clinical application of Biomarker, Pharmacogenomic, Imaging and Observational data.
At Exploristics we have developed KerusCloud: a state of the art cloud based simulation platform to optimise the design of clinical trials. KerusCloud v1.0 was launched in January 2018. A vacancy is available on the product development team for a placement junior Software Developer to assist in the ongoing development of this exciting application. The role also involves managing the internal IT infrastructure faults acting as a point of contact and liaising with 3rd party IT service providers to resolve problems.
To support ongoing KerusCloud development in a broad sense: in addition to coding there may be opportunities to engage in other related activities of interest such as product support, software testing or marketing. Acting as point of contact for support for internal IT infrastructure.
- Playing an integral part of an agile product development team.
- Full stack application development of new product features.
- Participation in regular code reviews to maintain code quality and security.
- Maintenance of Exploristics internal IT infrastructure: account management and IT support.
- Currently studying for a degree in computer science or related degree preferably with high mathematical content.
- Keen work ethic and problem solving ability.
- Ability to work in both a small team and independently.
- Experience in one or more of the following: AngularJS; Java; Play Framework; Postgres; R; Python; SQL; C#.
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using and configuring MS Office and Windows.
- Familiarity with networks and PC hardware.
- Rules based programming.
Skills to Develop
Software development and teamwork within a commercial environment, including,
- Agile product development
- Full stack application development
- Code review
- Problem solving
- Small team and independent working
Informal enquiries may be directed to John McGrann by, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07734283960
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter quoting job reference EXP-DEV-011 in the subject line to Lesley Moreland by, email email@example.com.
Closing date: 28th February – now extended to 22nd March 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org