Statisticians/Programmers (REF. EXP-SER-016)
Location: Belfast office
Contract: Permanent FT
Salary: £22 – £24K + attractive benefit package (based on experience)
Do you have a scientific background? If you do, we are delighted to offer you the opportunity to apply to join our tailor-made pharmaceutical and life science academy to help you kick-start your career in analytics. Based in our Belfast office, you will be trained to high standards in a combination of statistical programming and methodology. Following graduation from our academy, you will join our Services team alongside our experienced statisticians and programmers working to deliver customer projects. We will support you along your career path, whether it be as a statistician or programmer, providing the opportunity for continued professional development through exposure to a variety of challenges with the chance to learn and develop new skills.
- Draft and review sections of statistical documents e.g. statistical analysis plans or reports under supervision
- Follow specifications for programming and creating datasets under supervision
- Follow statistical analysis plans (SAPs) and program summary tables, figures and listings (TFLs) under supervision
- Perform analyses as part of a team, under supervision
- Compare study TFL shells, case report forms (CRF) and SAPs with guidance and provide review comments to lead statistician
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, pharmacology, computer science, or a degree in which there is a mathematical/statistical or programming element.
- Experience in handling data and producing summary results.
Any of the following would be desirable:
- Familiar with a programming language
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop their existing skill set
- Inquisitive personality with the ability to problem solve and demonstrate attention to detail
- Great team work attitude and ability to work independently when required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Can take their own initiative
About the Academy
Phase I – Training begins with an thorough 6-week SAS programming schedule. You will be guided through programming standards and practices by our expert trainers, with opportunities for practical application to help with the learning process. This initial phase concludes with a practical SAS assessment to demonstrate your progression.
Phase II – Incorporating elements of statistical methodology and programming, the second phase moves towards customer project-based scenarios where you will be given the opportunity to put into practice the concepts you learnt in phase I. This phase will also encourage self-learning, and allow you to develop your research, communication and customer-relation skills. Having passed phase 1 and 2 assessments, you will then graduate from the Academy.
We have been in business for 10+ years. Led by experienced statisticians and programmers with collectively 50+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical and life science sector. We have a dynamic and diverse workforce with technically diverse backgrounds including mathematics, physics, biochemistry, environmental biology and software engineering.
We strongly believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture. We recognise the importance of a good work-life balance and the need for a fulfilling and rewarding career. We recognise the changing demands of life and the need for flexibility in working arrangements to meet these demands.
Exploristics is an equal opportunity employer and as such we will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to find out more, I would be delighted to hear from you, Moira Murphy, Statistics an Programming Team Leader (email@example.com).
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter quoting job reference to Elsie Brown by, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 17th January 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com