Contract: Permanent full-time/flexible working available (including part-time/compressed hours/term-time working)
Location: Belfast office, home-based or hybrid working available
Salary: Competitive Salary (based on experience) + attractive benefit package including 37 days holiday, private health insurance, company pension scheme (5% employer)
Who is Exploristics
Exploristics is an established, fast growing enabling technology company providing world-class analytics and specialised software products for clinical-stage life science organisations. Our experienced statisticians and programmers develop intellectual property and assets to support the design and analysis of clinical trials, precision medicine and real-world data analytics. We address the emerging analytics needs of the Industry with our biostatistics services, bespoke algorithms and unique, state of the art, proprietary, cloud-based trial simulation software KerusCloud 2.
Our success is not only due to the experts we employ in the field but also the impact of high-value technical and scientific support we provide to our clients at all stages of clinical development. We have a track record of delivering dynamic and innovative analytics solutions to global pharmaceutical companies as well as small, specialist biotechnology companies. Our flagship simulation platform KerusCloud 2 has enabled our customers to achieve real world success by transforming their clinical development plans.
For more information visit our website: https://exploristics.com/
Why is this role important?
Exploristics accelerates clinical development by offering a uniquely targeted approach. We integrate comprehensive biostatistical services with proprietary software products to reduce the risks, costs and duration of clinical development through a data-driven approach. We have experience working with Big Pharma, Biotech, SMEs and academia on several projects spanning the field of clinical sudies in multiple therapeutic areas as well as real-world studies. We take pride in establishing close working relationships with our clients to provide strategic insights and flexible resources and expertise that make a significant impact for our clients across all stages of clinical development, from protocol review, study design, analysis and reporting and real world evidence.
Why you should apply?
Have you experience in the application of statistics in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life science sectors? Do you want to be at the forefront of statistical innovations, leading the way on clinical trial design and analysis? Are you looking for an opportunity that offers you a flexible work solution and one that will take your career to the next level of responsibility? Would you like to join a dynamic, growing firm where you can really make an impact, not just on the company but to accelerate drug development and ultimately benefit patients?
We are looking for passionate and motivated statisticians to work within our Services team to deliver high quality, innovative, analytical services within a clinical setting as our KerusCloud platform moves into the next phase.
We offer a competitive salary with extensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement (37 days), pension scheme and private health insurance. We provide a fantastic opportunity for professional development both through formal training and through exposure to a variety of challenges with the chance to learn and develop new skills.
- Creates, reviews and provides guidance on statistical documents such as study protocol, Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) and Statistical Analysis Reports (SARs) and supports colleagues in these activities.
- Performs analyses independently, often responsible for the delivery of projects to clients, including oversight of team.
- Advises others by recommending the most appropriate techniques/study design for projects.
- Some experience in and understanding regulatory processes for clinical development.
- Creates internal and external resources such as documentation, research papers, conference posters to share knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for the delivery of smaller projects to clients, including oversight of technical deliverables from the team.
- Delivers results to an agreed timeline with optimal quality.
- Builds and maintains relationships with different stakeholder groups, communicating effectively both spoken and in writing.
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, pharmacology or with a strong statistical component
- Typically would have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the application of statistics on clinical trials (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English
- Experience in SAS statistical software package
- Experience in study design and protocol contribution
- Proven track record in influencing clinical trial development through the application of statistical thinking (pharma, CRO, academic)
Any of the following would be desirable
- Higher degree in statistics or similar scientific discipline
- Experience in statistical software package R
- Experience of modelling and simulation techniques to explore complex study designs
- Experience of early-phase drug development processes including innovative/adaptive study design
- Experience providing recommendations for innovative analysis options to address strategic objectives in discussion with customers
- Experience in delivering customer projects to high quality standards
Please note the successful applicant will be asked for proof of the right to work in the UK.
We strongly believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture. We recognise the importance of a good work-life balance and the need for a fulfilling and rewarding career. We understand the changing demands of life and the need for flexibility in working arrangements to meet these demands. Exploristics is an equal opportunity employer and as such we will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to find out more, I would be delighted to hear from you, Lucy Keeling, Head of Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by the closing date quoting job reference to Kerry Chandler, HR Administrator (email@example.com).