Contract: Permanent FT/PT considered/flexible working available
Location: Belfast office or home based
Salary: Competitive Salary + attractive benefit package (based on experience)
Application Process: We welcome direct applications from candidates and we respectfully request that recruitment agencies do not send us CVs unless explicitly invited to do so in respect of any advertised vacancy
Who is Exploristics?
Exploristics is an established, fast growing enabling technology company providing world-class analytics and specialised software products for clinical-stage life science organisations. Our experienced statisticians and programmers develop intellectual property and assets to support the design and analysis of clinical trials, precision medicine and real-world data analytics. We address the emerging analytics needs of the Industry with our biostatistics services, bespoke algorithms and unique, state of the art, proprietary, cloud-based trial simulation software KerusCloud.
Our success is not only due to the experts we employ in the field but also the impact of high-value technical and scientific support we provide to our clients at all stages of clinical development. We have a track record of delivering dynamic and innovative analytics solutions to global pharmaceutical companies as well as small, specialist biotechnology companies. Our flagship simulation platform KerusCloud has enabled our customers to achieve real world success by transforming their clinical development plans.
For more information visit our website: https://exploristics.com/
Why is this role important?
Exploristics accelerates clinical development by offering a uniquely targeted approach. We integrate comprehensive biostatistical services with proprietary software products to reduce the risks, costs and duration of clinical development through a data-driven approach. We have experience working with Big Pharma, Biotech, SMEs and academia on several projects spanning the field of clinical sudies in multiple therapeutic areas as well as real-world studies. We take pride in establishing close working relationships with our clients to provide strategic insights and flexible resources and expertise that make a significant impact for our clients across all stages of clinical development, from protocol review, study design, analysis and reporting and real world evidence.
Why you should apply?
Have you experience in the application of statistics in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life science sectors? Do you want to be at the forefront of statistical innovations, leading the way on clinical trial design and analysis? Are you looking for an opportunity that offers you a flexible work solution and one that will take your career to the next level of responsibility? Would you like to join a dynamic, growing firm where you can really make an impact, not just on the company but to accelerate drug development and ultimately benefit patients?
We are looking for passionate and motivated statisticians to work within our Statistical Consulting team to deliver high quality, cutomer-focused, innovative, design and analytical services within a clinical and wider drug-development setting as our KerusCloud platform moves into the next phase.
We offer a competitive salary with extensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement (37 days), pension scheme and private health insurance. We provide a fantastic opportunity for professional development both through formal training and through exposure to a variety of challenges with the chance to learn and develop new skills.
- Assisting customers with their study design with a particular focus on simulation with KerusCloud to ensure they are aligned with the study objectives
- Preparation of study protocols and development of Statistical Analysis Plans and Statistical Analysis Reports
- Summarise, analyse and visualise study data using a variety of statistical methods, ultimately delivering results to an agreed timeline with optimal quality
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant research techniques such as modelling, simulation and experimental design and participate in continuous professional development activity
- Support pre-sales discussions to understand and identify client needs, then contribute to technical solutions and resource/cost estimates
- Collaborate with the Product Development team defining key features and statistical aspects of KerusCloud
- Provide input and support to Marketing of KerusCloud, including demonstrations to clients, white-papers, etc.
Key duties – Principal Statistician (in addition to the above)
- Statistical leadership – whether for team members on projects, mentoring more junior statisticians, or functioning as an expert on statistical methods, processes, or clinical trial methodology
- Client engagement – build and maintain positive customer relationships with regards to statistical issues
The essentials – Senior Statistician
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, pharmacology or with a strong statistical component
- Significant track record in the application of medical statistics (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Willingness to engage with clients to understand and research problems and provide creative, business-orientated solutions
- Experience in delivering customer projects to high quality standards
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English
- Experience in SAS and/or R statistical software packages
The essentials – Principal Statistician (in addition to the above)
- Proven track record in influencing drug development through the application of statistical thinking (pharma, CRO, academic)
Any of the following would be desirable
- Higher degree in statistics or similar scientific discipline
- Experience in study design and protocol and report-writing
- Experience of modelling and simulation techniques to explore complex study designs
- Experience of Bayesian approaches to design and analysis of clinical data
- Experience of early-phase drug development processes including innovative/adaptive study design
Please note the successful applicant will be asked for proof of the right to work in the UK.
We strongly believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture. We recognise the importance of a good work-life balance and the need for a fulfilling and rewarding career. We understand the changing demands of life and the need for flexibility in working arrangements to meet these demands. Exploristics is an equal opportunity employer and as such we will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to find out more, I would be delighted to hear from you, Linda Warnock, Statistical Consulting Team Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by the closing date quoting job reference to Kerry Chandler, Administrator (email@example.com).
Closing date is 31 October 2021