Contract: Permanent full-time/flexible working available (including part-time/compressed hours/term-time working)
Location: Belfast office, home-based or hybrid working available
Salary: £45k-£60k (based on experience) + attractive benefit package including 37 days holiday, private health insurance, company pension scheme (5% employer)
Who is Exploristics
Exploristics is an established, fast-growing technology-enabled services company providing biostatistics consultancy and specialised statistical software products for clinical-stage life sciences organisations world-wide. Our teams of experienced statisticians, programmers, data scientists and software engineers develop new methods and technologies to support the design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials, precision medicine and real-world data studies.
We address the emerging analytics needs of developers of medicines, medical diagnostics and medical devices with our biostatistics expertise and unique, cloud-based clinical trial design software KerusCloud. KerusCloud provides state-of-the-art simulation-guided design capabilities to ensure that the best trial design choices can be made, first time, to build in more study success upfront.
Exploristics have an extensive track record of delivering dynamic and innovative analytics solutions to meet the needs of biomedical developers of all sizes, ranging from small biotechnology companies to top ten global pharma. Our success is not only due to the experts we employ in the field but also to the significant impact we make on the success of clinical development projects with the end-to-end technical support we can provide to our clients.
For more information visit our website: https://exploristics.com/
Why is this role important?
Developing new therapies to meet unmet clinical need is time-consuming, risky and costly. The teams at Exploristics play a key role in smoothing the development path for potential new treatments. They do this by integrating comprehensive biostatistical expertise with the technologies they develop to provide highly informative statistical insights that support key development decision-making. This ensures a uniquely targeted data-driven approach that accelerates clinical development while reducing patient burden, risks, timelines and costs.
Our teams support diverse development projects across a wide range of therapeutic areas. We take pride in establishing close working relationships with our clients to provide strategic insights and flexible resources and expertise that make a significant impact for our clients across all stages of clinical development, from protocol review, study design, analysis and reporting and real-world evidence.
Why you should apply?
Have you experience in the application of statistics in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life science sectors? Do you want to be at the forefront of statistical innovations, leading the way on clinical trial design and analysis? Are you looking for an opportunity that offers you a flexible work solution and one that will take your career to the next level of responsibility? Would you like to join a dynamic, growing firm where you can really make an impact, not just on the company but to accelerate drug development and ultimately benefit patients?
We are looking for passionate and motivated statisticians to work within our Services team to deliver high quality, innovative, analytical services within a clinical setting as our KerusCloud platform moves into the next phase.
We offer a competitive salary with extensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement (37 days), pension scheme, and private health insurance. We provide a fantastic opportunity for professional development both through formal training and through exposure to a variety of challenges with the chance to learn and develop new skills.
- Independently creates and reviews statistical documents such as study protocol, Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) and Statistical Analysis Reports (SARs).
- Leads studies and study teams and provides timely status updates to the project manager/project lead statistician/senior leadership team.
- Performs analyses independently, or as part of a team.
- Applies a wide range of skills and can adapt them to suit many situations, using discretion to independently select the most appropriate techniques/study design.
- Seeks opportunities to education others in some skill areas and contributes to the development of internal resources.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects to the client to an agreed timeline with optimal quality, working within budget.
- Interacts regularly with a broad range of stakeholders, communicating proactively and clearly, including technical subjects.
- Master’s degree in Medical Statistics/Statistics
- Typically would have a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in the application of statistics on clinical trials (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Experience in leading studies and study teams
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English
- Experience in SAS statistical software package
- Experience in study design and protocol contribution
Any of the following would be desirable
- Experience in delivering customer projects to high quality standards
- Experience in statistical software package R
- Experience of modelling and simulation techniques to explore complex study designs
- Experience of early-phase drug development processes including innovative/adaptive study design
- Experience providing recommendations for innovative analysis options to address strategic objectives in discussion with customers
- Experience in study proposals, bid defences, working within budget
Please note the successful applicant will be asked for proof of the right to work in the UK.
We strongly believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture. We recognise the importance of a good work-life balance and the need for a fulfilling and rewarding career. We understand the changing demands of life and the need for flexibility in working arrangements to meet these demands. Exploristics is an equal opportunity employer and as such we will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to find out more, I would be delighted to hear from you, Lucy Keeling, Head of Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by the closing date quoting job reference to Kerry Chandler, HR Administrator (email@example.com).