Contract: Permanent FT/flexible working available
Location: Belfast office or home-based
Salary: Competitive Salary + attractive benefit package (based on experience)
Application Process: We welcome direct applications from candidates and we respectfully request that recruitment agencies do not send us CVs unless explicitly invited to do so in respect of any advertised vacancy
Who is Exploristics?
Exploristics is an established, fast growing enabling technology company providing world-class analytics and specialised software products for clinical-stage life science organisations. Our experienced statisticians and programmers develop intellectual property and assets to support the design and analysis of clinical trials, precision medicine and real-world data analytics. We address the emerging analytics needs of the Industry with our biostatistics services, bespoke algorithms and unique, state of the art, proprietary, cloud-based trial simulation software KerusCloud.
Our success is not only due to the experts we employ in the field but also the impact of high-value technical and scientific support we provide to our clients at all stages of clinical development. We have a track record of delivering dynamic and innovative analytics solutions to global pharmaceutical companies as well as small, specialist biotechnology companies. Our flagship simulation platform KerusCloud has enabled our customers to achieve real world success by transforming their clinical development plans.
For more information visit our website: Exploristics
Why is this role important?
Exploristics accelerates clinical development by offering a uniquely targeted approach. We integrate comprehensive biostatistical services with proprietary software products to reduce the risks, costs and duration of clinical development through a data-driven approach. We have experience working with Big Pharma, Biotech, SMEs and academia on several projects spanning the field of clinical sudies in multiple therapeutic areas as well as real-world studies. We take pride in establishing close working relationships with our clients to provide strategic insights and flexible resources and expertise that make a significant impact for our clients across all stages of clinical development, from protocol review, study design, analysis and reporting and real world evidence.
Why you should apply?
Have you experience in the application of statistics in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life science sectors? Do you want to be at the forefront of statistical innovations, leading the way on clinical trial design and analysis? Are you looking for an opportunity that offers you a flexible work solution and one that will take your career to the next level of responsibility? Would you like to join a dynamic, growing firm where you can really make an impact, not just on the company but to accelerate drug development and ultimately benefit patients?
We are looking for passionate and motivated statisticians to work within our Services team to deliver high quality, innovative, analytical services within a clinical setting as our KerusCloud platform moves into the next phase.
We offer a competitive salary with extensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement (37 days), pension scheme and private health insurance. We provide a fantastic opportunity for professional development both through formal training and through exposure to a variety of challenges with the chance to learn and develop new skills.
- Preparation of study protocols and development of Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) and Statistical Analysis Reports (SARs)
- Prepare, analyse and summarise study data using a variety of statistical methods, ultimately delivering results to an agreed timeline with optimal quality
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant research techniques such as modelling, simulation and experimental design and participate in continuous professional development activity
Key duties – Senior Statistician (in addition to the above)
- Assisting customers with their study design using applicable statistical methods and software packages (including KerusCloud) to ensure they are aligned with the study objectives
- Provide technical expertise both internally and as a service to customers
The essentials – Statistician
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, pharmacology or with a strong statistical component
- At least 1 year relevant experience in the application of statistics on clinical trials (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Experience in SAS or R statistical software packages
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English
The essentials – Senior Statistician (in addition to the above)
- Experience in study design and protocol contribution
- 3 years’ relevant experience in the application of statistics on clinical trials (pharma, CRO, academic)
Any of the following would be desirable
- Experience of modelling and simulation techniques to explore complex study designs
- Experience of early-phase drug development processes including innovative/adaptive study design
- Experience providing recommendations for innovative analysis options to address strategic objectives in discussion with customers
- Experience in delivering customer projects to high quality standards
Please note the successful applicant will be asked for proof of the right to work in the UK.
We strongly believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture. We recognise the importance of a good work-life balance and the need for a fulfilling and rewarding career. We understand the changing demands of life and the need for flexibility in working arrangements to meet these demands. Exploristics is an equal opportunity employer and as such we will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to find out more, I would be delighted to hear from you Andrew Lloyd, Head of Services.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter quoting job reference via email to Kerry Chandler, Administrator.