Contract: Permanent FT/PT considered/flexible working available
Location: Belfast office or home-based
Salary: Competitive Salary + attractive benefit package (based on experience)
Application Process: We welcome direct applications from candidates and we respectfully request that recruitment agencies do not send us CVs unless explicitly invited to do so in respect of any advertised vacancy
Who is Exploristics?
Exploristics is an established, fast growing enabling technology company providing world-class analytics and specialised software products for clinical-stage life science organisations. Our experienced statisticians and programmers develop intellectual property and assets to support the design and analysis of clinical trials, precision medicine and real-world data analytics. We address the emerging analytics needs of the Industry with our biostatistics services, bespoke algorithms and unique, state of the art, proprietary, cloud-based trial simulation software KerusCloud 2.
Our success is not only due to the experts we employ in the field but also the impact of high-value technical and scientific support we provide to our clients at all stages of clinical development. We have a track record of delivering dynamic and innovative analytics solutions to global pharmaceutical companies as well as small, specialist biotechnology companies. Our flagship simulation platform KerusCloud 2 has enabled our customers to achieve real world success by transforming their clinical development plans.
For more information visit our website: Exploristics
Why is this role important?
Exploristics accelerates clinical development by offering a uniquely targeted approach. We integrate comprehensive biostatistical services with proprietary software products to reduce the risks, costs and duration of clinical development through a data-driven approach. We have experience working with Big Pharma, Biotech, SMEs and academia on several projects spanning the field of clinical studies in multiple therapeutic areas as well as real-world studies. We take pride in establishing close working relationships with our clients to provide strategic insights and flexible resources and expertise that make a significant impact for our clients across all stages of clinical development, from protocol review, study design, analysis and reporting and real world evidence.
Why you should apply?
Have you experience of leading a team of statisticians and/or programmers? Have you experience in the application of statistics in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life science sectors? Do you want to be at the forefront of statistical innovations, leading the way on clinical trial design and analysis? Are you looking for an opportunity that offers you a flexible work solution and one that will take your career to the next level of responsibility? Would you like to join a dynamic, growing firm where you can really make an impact, not just on the company but to accelerate drug development and ultimately benefit patients?
We are looking for passionate and motivated team leader to work within our Services team to lead a team of programmers and statisticians to deliver high quality, innovative, analytical services within a clinical setting as our KerusCloud platform moves into the next phase.
We offer a competitive salary with extensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement (37 days), pension scheme and private health insurance. We provide a fantastic opportunity for professional development both through formal training and through exposure to a variety of challenges with the chance to learn and develop new skills.
- Work with Head of Services to develop the strategy and growth plans of the Services Team.
- Lead the Team to optimal delivery of customer projects through coordination, motivation and encouraging best practice.
- Ensure the Team is ready to succeed through appropriate team-structure and continuous professional development.
- Identify and recruit or contract required additional team members as needed.
- Provide technical leadership including
- Providing technical and industry expertise both internally and as a service to customers.
- Actively participate in pre-sales activities and proposals to ensure accurate scoping of customer requirements in the form of proposals.
- Performing statistical analysis and communicating results as applicable.
- Performing independent and QC reviews of sample size calculations, protocol design, statistical analysis and written reports.
- Advising other staff members with regards to statistical, data management and analysis methods.
- Assist marketing to produce collateral and demonstration material including data sheets, case studies and white papers.
- Responsible for the execution of customer projects to quality standards and customer project milestones. Provide delivery timeframes and advise on change controls when appropriate. Provide project follow-ups and reporting back to both the Senior Management and Services teams on customer feedback.
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, pharmacology or with a strong statistical component
- Experience in SAS statistical software package
- Experience in study design and protocol contribution
- Proven track record in influencing clinical trial development through the application of statistical thinking (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Experience in delivering customer projects to high quality standards
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English
Any of the following would be desirable
- Higher degree in statistics or similar scientific discipline
- Proven track record of leading a team in the application of statistics on clinical trials (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Experience in statistical software package R
- Experience of modelling and simulation techniques to explore complex study designs
- Experience of early-phase drug development processes including innovative/adaptive study design
- Experience providing recommendations for innovative analysis options to address strategic objectives in discussion with customers
We strongly believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture. We recognise the importance of a good work-life balance and the need for a fulfilling and rewarding career. We understand the changing demands of life and the need for flexibility in working arrangements to meet these demands. Exploristics is an equal opportunity employer and as such we will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to find out more, I would be delighted to hear from you Andrew Lloyd, Head of Services.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter quoting job reference via email to Lesley Moreland.
Closing date is 30th April 2021